SPII Talk Newsletter 4th Quarter October – December 2017
During this period, the South African government and its parastatals were plagued by the exposure of numerous scandals, including allegations of state capture and conflicts of interest. Many of these claims were substantiated by the publication of a string of emails between state officials and the Gupta family, in an expose which came to be known as #GuptaLeaks.
- Can we afford NOT to have a BIG in South Africa? – Podcast
- Joint Stakeholder Submission on the Right to Adequate Standard of Living in South Africa
- SPII’s Contribution – Submission to UN CESCR
- Political Elites Must Break Ranks to Crush Poverty, Inequality
- Podcast: High Price to Pay for the Rising Cost of Living
- More People Believe They Are Living Under Poverty in South Africa
- Nkululeko Majozi Speaking on Subjective Poverty in South Africa
- Podcast: In The Ring With Eusebius McKaiser – Can we afford a Basic Income Grant?
- Extending the Social Relief of Distress grant is not enough to alleviate plight of poor, says civil society
- Global Basic Income Grant Pilots Since 2000