SPII Talk Newsletter 3rd Quarter April– June 2019
What does the future of poverty look like?
David Francis, Deputy Director of the Southern Centre for Inequality Studies at Wits University, tackles that question in this edition of SPII Talk.
It is quite a sobering proposition to consider. We know all too well the current state of poverty and the worrying trend in recent years, as well as the policy efforts that have been directed at that anathema, but what are the implications for the years and decades to come?
- Poor Financial Position of Government Likely to Be at the Centre of Budget
- Impact of COVID-19 on Poverty
- NEDLAC Community Constituency: Submission to Government on the Extension of Covid- 19 Social Cash Transfer Grants to the end of the Fiscal Year (31 March 2021
- Youth Unemployment: How Do We Diffuse a Ticking Time Bomb?
- Universal Basic Income in South Africa: Perspectives from Private Sector and Civil Society
- Leaving No One Behind While Building Back Better
- ACT Ubumbano Learning Hub #5
- Calls for Government to Make Relief Measures Permanent
- Chris Hani Institute – Political Economy Series: Universal Basic Income Guarantee
- Social Protection in South Africa: Building back better post-COVID-19 – Webinar