SPII Talk Newsletter 3rd Quarter April– June 2019
What does the future of poverty look like?
David Francis, Deputy Director of the Southern Centre for Inequality Studies at Wits University, tackles that question in this edition of SPII Talk.
It is quite a sobering proposition to consider. We know all too well the current state of poverty and the worrying trend in recent years, as well as the policy efforts that have been directed at that anathema, but what are the implications for the years and decades to come?
- Can we afford NOT to have a BIG in South Africa? – Podcast
- Joint Stakeholder Submission on the Right to Adequate Standard of Living in South Africa
- SPII’s Contribution – Submission to UN CESCR
- Political Elites Must Break Ranks to Crush Poverty, Inequality
- Podcast: High Price to Pay for the Rising Cost of Living
- More People Believe They Are Living Under Poverty in South Africa
- Nkululeko Majozi Speaking on Subjective Poverty in South Africa
- Podcast: In The Ring With Eusebius McKaiser – Can we afford a Basic Income Grant?
- Extending the Social Relief of Distress grant is not enough to alleviate plight of poor, says civil society
- Global Basic Income Grant Pilots Since 2000