SPII Talk Newsletter 3rd Quarter April– June 2019
What does the future of poverty look like?
David Francis, Deputy Director of the Southern Centre for Inequality Studies at Wits University, tackles that question in this edition of SPII Talk.
It is quite a sobering proposition to consider. We know all too well the current state of poverty and the worrying trend in recent years, as well as the policy efforts that have been directed at that anathema, but what are the implications for the years and decades to come?
- Budgeting In A Time of Austerity
- SUBMISSION TO THE STANDING COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS (NATIONAL ASSEMBLY)
- Colloquium 2019
- SA Lockdown I Impact of COVID-19 on the poor: Isobel Frye
- Society Talks 2: COVID-19 economic relief packages and the future of social protection
- Ramaphosa’s Covid-19 stimulus: Income relief is not ‘the awful indignity of charitable handouts’
- Covid-19, Unemployment and a Basic Income Grant
- Community Constituency Covid 19 Front – Leadership Response Post Presidential Speech
- South Africa’s social welfare net with Isobel Frye
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Minimising the impact of coronavirus on food security