SPII Talk Newsletter 3rd Quarter April– June 2019
What does the future of poverty look like?
David Francis, Deputy Director of the Southern Centre for Inequality Studies at Wits University, tackles that question in this edition of SPII Talk.
It is quite a sobering proposition to consider. We know all too well the current state of poverty and the worrying trend in recent years, as well as the policy efforts that have been directed at that anathema, but what are the implications for the years and decades to come?
- Active Citizenship: Civil society outlooks on 2020
- DECENT STANDARD OF LIVING: MESSAGE OF SUPPORT FROM UN SPECIAL RAPPORTEUR ON EXTREME POVERTY, DR PHILIP ALSTON
- AIDC Analytical Paper: The Budget, Social Security and the Basic Income Grant Alternative Synopsis
- Universal basic income and universal basic services: what have we learned and what’s next?
- People in rural areas are better off than those in the city: IMF
- Dr Wiseman Magasela – Address at the Decent Standard of Living Colloquium
- Change essential for South Africans to have a decent standard of living
- Decent living standard is possible
- Conversations on South Africa’s Worsening Inequality – Podcast
- SPII Talk Newsletter 3rd Quarter April– June 2019