SPII Talk Newsletter 3rd Quarter April– June 2019
What does the future of poverty look like?
David Francis, Deputy Director of the Southern Centre for Inequality Studies at Wits University, tackles that question in this edition of SPII Talk.
It is quite a sobering proposition to consider. We know all too well the current state of poverty and the worrying trend in recent years, as well as the policy efforts that have been directed at that anathema, but what are the implications for the years and decades to come?
- SPII Talk Newsletter 2nd Quarter April – June 2020
- Media Statement: People United in National Day of Working Class Action
- What is the Big Idea? Managing the Expectations of the Basic Income Grant
- Think Big – Basic Income Grant Needs to Be About More Than Just Food, Say Researchers
- Grants Still Not Paid Out
- How Covid-19 Created a Humanitarian Crisis in SA – Podcast
- SPII’s Submission on the Division of Revenue Bill – Health Perspective
- BIG Announcement
- Basic Income Grant Implementation on the Table for South Africa
- South Africa is Considering Implementing a Universal Basic Income Grant