SPII Talk Newsletter 2nd Quarter 2021
In this edition of SPII Talk, staff members were tasked with writing a piece that resonated with their understanding of the value and principles of public participation. Common to each piece is the emergent take home that our Constitution was built on the premise of an actively engaged citizenship and that participation should be central to the formulation, the implementation and the evaluation of core state functions. This has sometimes worked, but frequently not. The early architects of our democratic state perhaps overlooked the many ingredients demanded for effective and consistently executed participation.
- Can we afford NOT to have a BIG in South Africa? – Podcast
- Joint Stakeholder Submission on the Right to Adequate Standard of Living in South Africa
- SPII’s Contribution – Submission to UN CESCR
- Political Elites Must Break Ranks to Crush Poverty, Inequality
- Podcast: High Price to Pay for the Rising Cost of Living
- More People Believe They Are Living Under Poverty in South Africa
- Nkululeko Majozi Speaking on Subjective Poverty in South Africa
- Podcast: In The Ring With Eusebius McKaiser – Can we afford a Basic Income Grant?
- Extending the Social Relief of Distress grant is not enough to alleviate plight of poor, says civil society
- Global Basic Income Grant Pilots Since 2000