SPII Talk Newsletter 1st Quarter January – March 2018
Posted: 16th Apr 2018/Under: News, SPII Talk Newsletter/By: SPII
SPII Talk Newsletter: South Africa Rebooting
It’s been quite an eventful first quarter of the year. The political hangover of the ANC’s 54th conference in December has been felt far and wide. We’ve already seen the fall of a president and the rise of another. And, after months of inaction, the National Prosecuting Authority has finally sprung into action and effected several arrests linked to state capture. Jacob Zuma himself looks like he may be heading to court, if he doesn’t employ further legal tricks to avoid the dock.
- Can we afford NOT to have a BIG in South Africa? – Podcast
- Joint Stakeholder Submission on the Right to Adequate Standard of Living in South Africa
- SPII’s Contribution – Submission to UN CESCR
- Political Elites Must Break Ranks to Crush Poverty, Inequality
- Podcast: High Price to Pay for the Rising Cost of Living
- More People Believe They Are Living Under Poverty in South Africa
- Nkululeko Majozi Speaking on Subjective Poverty in South Africa
- Podcast: In The Ring With Eusebius McKaiser – Can we afford a Basic Income Grant?
- Extending the Social Relief of Distress grant is not enough to alleviate plight of poor, says civil society
- Global Basic Income Grant Pilots Since 2000