SPII Talk Newsletter 1st Quarter 2021
This is the first edition of SPII Talk for 2021 and we have much to celebrate as an institute. We have been joined by a great class of interns, and they write for SPII Talk for the first time in this edition. Being able to return to the office space has enabled us to bring far more people into our space, to introduce people to the world not only of work, but a progressive space of activist work.
- SAfm: The Talking Point with Isobel Frye and Cathy Mohlahlana
- eNCA: R350 Social Relief of Distress Grant, discussion with Isobel Frye
- The Watchdog outlines the need for a Basic Income Grant
- Letter: Judith’s Prudence, Daily Maverick
- New calls for the basic income grant – Cape Talk radio
- The Academy of Science in South Africa (ASSAf), in partnership with the South African Research Chairs Initiative (SARChI) Chair in Social Policy at the University of South Africa (UNISA), cordially invites you to the webinar outlining Inequality and Poverty
- The importance of basic income grant is highlighted by the Studies in Poverty and Inequality Institute
- BIG is best: Civil society campaign highlights urgency of basic income grant after recent looting
- Media Advisory: Mandela Day Lecture: SPII Proposes BIG Solutions to Growing Poverty and Unrest is SA
- Op-ed: #UnrestSA: Painful corrective or forerunner of things to come?