SADC BIG e-Newsletter Issue 2
Social Protection has never been as important as it is now in Southern Africa. We at the Secretariat are excited about the call for a basic income grant in SADC.
This Newsletter serves as a platform to share information, news, updates and analysis on the basic income grant/ cash transfers as well as providing space for broader discussion on social protection as a whole.
We therefore urge our readership to contribute, comment and make suggestions on how we can better improve this resource.
Read full e-Newsletter: Click here
- Colloquium 2019
- SA Lockdown I Impact of COVID-19 on the poor: Isobel Frye
- Society Talks 2: COVID-19 economic relief packages and the future of social protection
- Ramaphosa’s Covid-19 stimulus: Income relief is not ‘the awful indignity of charitable handouts’
- Covid-19, Unemployment and a Basic Income Grant
- Community Constituency Covid 19 Front – Leadership Response Post Presidential Speech
- South Africa’s social welfare net with Isobel Frye
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Minimising the impact of coronavirus on food security
- Looking at the SASSA grant system in South Africa and its function during the national lockdown
- Active Citizenship: Civil society outlooks on 2020