SADC BIG e-Newsletter Issue 2
Posted: 9th May 2014/Under: Campaigns/ Networks, Latest from SPII, Policy Briefs, Working Papers & Reports, Reports, SADC BASIC INCOME GRANT, Social Dialogue, Socio-Economic Rights/By: SPII
Social Protection has never been as important as it is now in Southern Africa. We at the Secretariat are excited about the call for a basic income grant in SADC.
This Newsletter serves as a platform to share information, news, updates and analysis on the basic income grant/ cash transfers as well as providing space for broader discussion on social protection as a whole.
We therefore urge our readership to contribute, comment and make suggestions on how we can better improve this resource.
Read full e-Newsletter: Click here
- Can we afford NOT to have a BIG in South Africa? – Podcast
- Joint Stakeholder Submission on the Right to Adequate Standard of Living in South Africa
- SPII’s Contribution – Submission to UN CESCR
- Political Elites Must Break Ranks to Crush Poverty, Inequality
- Podcast: High Price to Pay for the Rising Cost of Living
- More People Believe They Are Living Under Poverty in South Africa
- Nkululeko Majozi Speaking on Subjective Poverty in South Africa
- Podcast: In The Ring With Eusebius McKaiser – Can we afford a Basic Income Grant?
- Extending the Social Relief of Distress grant is not enough to alleviate plight of poor, says civil society
- Global Basic Income Grant Pilots Since 2000